Our Family

Our Family

Welcome to my blog!

Every day is a new adventure, and though this blog won't capture it all at least you might get a glimpse of our crazy life...

Quotes


A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for
Unknown



Babies are a link between angels and man.
Unknown



Children are a handful sometimes, A heartfull all the time.
Unknown



Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
Penelope Leach



While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
Angela Schwindt



Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.
Not your average dictionary



Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.
John W. Whitehead


You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 25, 2012

A lot of catching up!

I feel like things have been so crazy lately. I'm loving how fast time is flying by making my pregnancy seem like it's going fast as well! Yay for starting the second trimester! I don't even really know where to begin on this post I have so much to catch up on so I'll just start from the most recent. 


 My cousin Holly had her baby shower so the kids and I went to that. It was fun to visit with family and friends that we haven't seen in a while.


Kinsley, Jax and my cousin Kylee



Jax being a cheeseball trying to drink bottled water, but getting it all over his shirt.


It was nice that they had it outside because it turned out to be a beautiful day. Can you find Jax with Grandma?


I have the best husband :) For my Mother's Day gift he built me two garden boxes. I love how handy he is.


The kids helped plant... kinda. To be honest they were more about playing in the pile of extra dirt off to the side. I'm excited for them to see the growing process though. They even have little watering cans to help water the garden. It's cute!


Derek ended up doing most of the work, with my help of course. This is my first garden so I'm actually nervous that we will over water, under water or end up killing everything we've planted somehow. I'll have to post later on how everything went.


You know how I always say that I love family? Well this is just one example of how wonderful my family is and how awesome it is to be a part of it. My grandma's computer was on it's last leg so she wasn't able to get online and keep up with the family via the internet. We decided to start a collection of funds from any of the family that wanted to pitch in to buy grandma a laptop. She was so shocked to see all of us come piling into her home on Mother's Day. She had no idea what was going on.


In a little over a month we ended up raising enough to give her a really nice laptop and a check from the leftover donations to cover her internet bill for over a year. Everyone wanted to pitch in! It's awesome how much love my family has for this one woman and fun that we were able to all come together and do something great for her. 


Derek and our niece Lauren watching Grandma unwrap her gift.


Grandma and just a few of her great grandchildren. There are many missing.



My parents took the kids overnight the Friday before. On Saturday they took them to the Oroville parade and then out fishing. It was Jax's first fishing adventure. I hear they both had a lot of fun. My dad even taught Peyton how to cast her line out all by herself. I don't know who had more fun... my kids, or my parents??? They had many stories to tell when they brought them home Saturday night.



We took the kids to the zoo! The flamingos were their favorite. Especailly when they would start fighting with their necks and stretching out their wings. The kids thought that was hilarious!



We had a lot of fun that day.


They learned a lot too. There was this monkey that kept swinging back and forth across his cage everytime we would yell, "monkey!" It was almost like he was putting on a show for the kids. I wish I would've gotten a picture of him.



You would not believe how many people have asked me lately if they are twins. Really? Can't you tell Peyton is older? I mean there's almost a two year difference between them. I guess it's because when they're side by side in a stroller or a cart they almost look the same size. You can't really tell that Peyton is a lot taller when they're sitting and the fact that Jax is a tank probably adds to the confusion. I don't think there is really any guessing to what our baby is going to look like. Boy or girl it will probably look just like these two. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment