Our Family

Our Family

Welcome to my blog!

Every day is a new adventure, and though this blog won't capture it all at least you might get a glimpse of our crazy life...

Quotes


A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for
Unknown



Babies are a link between angels and man.
Unknown



Children are a handful sometimes, A heartfull all the time.
Unknown



Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
Penelope Leach



While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
Angela Schwindt



Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.
Not your average dictionary



Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.
John W. Whitehead


You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our Birthdays!!

I have soo much to include in this post! All the birthdays in our family are in the span of a little over a month. Mine is July 31st and Jax's is 4 days later on August 4th. I remember last year wanting him to come out on my birthday thinking it would be fun to share, but now I'm very glad that he has his own special day! We started my birthday a day early when my mother in law and Derek's aunt and uncle came to visit bringing cupcakes that were delicious!






The gift in this picture was my mother in law's camera that she only had for about 7 months and she decided to give it to me for my birthday because she bought a new one with better zoom. I have been talking about getting a new camera forever now because the one that I had was about 4 years old. We bought it right after we got married with some of the gift cards from our wedding. I was soo excited when I opened the box! It's such a nice camera and I'm stoked because the pictures on my blog are going to look soo much better! :) It was a great gift and I'm soo greatful to have such an amazing mother in law! Below are a few pictures I took that night while trying to figure out all the awesome features the camera has...





My Boys!!! I love them soo much!!!




My friend Stacie made these for my birthday! I was so surprised! She's soo sweet! I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but after eating these I think I could be they were so good!



I loved hearing birthday wishes from Peyton all day long in her cute little voice! It totally made my day!



We went to my parents for dessert with the family and they all surprised me with a few cards and gifts! I have an amazing family! My friend Sara came over as well with her new baby girl that I hadn't had the chance to meet yet! It was fun catching up with her and meeting her daughter! She's such a great friend!


My little boy isn't so little anymore and it's sad. Not only is he taking steps on his own he's learned to climb! He's about to give me a heart attack. He's climbing up on the couches, chairs and worst of all Peyton's little slide! He climbs up the slide about half way! He's teething right now too which is way fun (not)! It's his molars on the top which seem to be the hardest teeth to pop through. I'm thinking about taking his pacifier away, but I'm not really looking forward to that either. He's down to 2 bottles a day though and that is going pretty good. He's so much fun!


They all play very well together! Jax tends to be in his own little world. Peyton likes to hog all the toys, but Kinsley has no problem getting into everything and taking toys back from her!


These kids are the future of our family and I am proud of every little accomplishment they make. I think if I could be proud of Jax for walking, or Kinsley for sitting up on her own or even Peyton for sharing her toys how is it going to feel later on down the line when they start school or learn to read? What did we ever do without them???  


Peyton got her first bee sting on her big toe! Poor girl was in pain for a little while. No one knew what happened at first and we were all telling her she was fine and I think I even told her to quit whining... oops! Then we realized she really was hurt and felt pretty bad...



My parents gave me a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory so Derek and I took the kids to lunch! I wish they were looking in this picture, but it's a lot to ask of kids to sit still...


Love her!


I'm  blessed to have so many great people in my life! I felt so much love on my birthday and I couldn't have asked for anything more!!!



Jax's birthday was on a Thursday so we planned a party for Saturday with family and friends. I still can't believe he's 1! I feel like I was jipped a baby because he was only tiny for what seemed like a month. Time with Peyton when she was a baby seemed to go by a lot slower.



The other room I decorated before the craziness started!


Jax was very shy at first while he was trying to figure out what everyone was doing showing up at his house...


Kinsley was definitely a big hit at the party!


Aunt Sarah tried and succeeded in getting Jax to lighten up and enjoy himself... something she's very good at!


Jax likes to pull hair when we're playing with each other... this should explain all my little "fly aways" and the reason my hair looks a lot like Peyton's in this picture! Peyton was getting excited to help open the presents.



Mya and Peyton are soo cute together! Mya usually tells Peyton what to do and Peyton just goes along with it! It's cool how they have good friends at such a young age!


Peyton was all over the place at the party! She was playing pretty hard. This must have been the only time I really saw her taking a breather!


Sarah and Holly bought Jax this little four wheeler and he's been pushing it all around the house. He hasn't quite got the riding on it concept yet!


His cake before it was demolished!



Him demolishing the cake!!! What a mess he made!


He's such a funny guy! Janeane and David call him the fly catcher because his mouth is always open. I thought that was pretty funny! He's been trying to talk more, but hasn't really said anything but mama, baba, bath and ball. He had his 1yr well visit at the Dr. this week and he weighs 22lbs 10oz and is 31inches long! He's in the 48% for his weight and 85% for his height! So hopefully he got the tall gene! He seems to be thinning out and growing taller and he's starting to look less like a baby and more like a toddler! I love him so much and am very excited to see him through his next year!!!



1 comment:

  1. Yahhh! Happy Birthday to all of you! Aren't Birthdays the best? I'm so glad you got to share it with the ones you love. The camera was a great gift. I have been wanting a camera also, but there's so many other things to get first, ya know? You are such a good mom, and I enjoy seeing all your wonderful photos. Birthday cake - my favorite!!
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete