Our Family

Our Family

Welcome to my blog!

Every day is a new adventure, and though this blog won't capture it all at least you might get a glimpse of our crazy life...

Quotes


A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for
Unknown



Babies are a link between angels and man.
Unknown



Children are a handful sometimes, A heartfull all the time.
Unknown



Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
Penelope Leach



While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
Angela Schwindt



Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.
Not your average dictionary



Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.
John W. Whitehead


You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ba Ba Da...


A few months back my sister Sarah burnt me a CD that I put into the player in our truck. Every time it would come around to this song I would skip it because it sounded like Christmas music to me. I couldn't figure out why she would even put a song like this on the CD. I never really listened to it all the way through, but one day we were driving home from somewhere in silence and Peyton told me, "I wanna listen to the ba ba da song..." It took me a few minutes , but i finally figured out this was the song she was talking about. It was soo funny to hear her singing along with the chorus. Just ba ba da ba da ba... Then we started listening to it every time we went somewhere. Now if you know Jax, you know that he is not that big of a talker yet. Everything is ba.. ball is ba, bath is ba, bye is ba... he walks around all day saying ba so this was the perfect song for him. He started singing and dancing along after a while too. Every time we listen to this song we crank up the speakers and dance and sing! A little cheesy? Ya, probably, but I love every second of it. This song makes my kids so happy! We do so many silly things like this that daddy doesn't know about because it would just confirm his suspicions that mommy is a dork... He found out  about this one though on our way to Fort Bragg a while back. Jax was super fussy and I was trying everything to calm him down, but he was completely over it. Finally I turned on this song and his whole mood flipped around. He got all excited and started clapping and singing. Derek was soo confused. We still listen to this song every day and I have to say it is now my favorite song, just because of the kids. It's so fun to rock out to it with them. Jax nods his head to the music and Peyton yells/sings as loud as she can! This song will eventually be a memory that I never want to forget...

p.s. you might want to pause the song that's always on my blog before listening to this clip... to do that just scroll all the way down and you'll find the music player...

No comments:

Post a Comment