Our Family

Our Family

Welcome to my blog!

Every day is a new adventure, and though this blog won't capture it all at least you might get a glimpse of our crazy life...

Quotes


A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for
Unknown



Babies are a link between angels and man.
Unknown



Children are a handful sometimes, A heartfull all the time.
Unknown



Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
Penelope Leach



While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
Angela Schwindt



Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.
Not your average dictionary



Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.
John W. Whitehead


You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Peyton's 3!!!




Janeane, Audrea and Kinsley came over on Peyton's birthday and brought her a few gifts and this cute cake that looks like a giant cupcake! They weren't going to be able to make her party so they decided to throw her a little one to celebrate! It was so nice of them to be so thoughtful and of course Peyton loved it!



Janeane bought her this cute little outfit and the shoes... Dora, of course!


Janeane told her to make a wish and I guess this was her way of wishing it would come true!


Our little family is now all a year older! It's been a crazy few months, but we're finally starting to get back to normal!



Peyton has been obsessed with Dora since day 1! I thought she was finally starting to appreciate all the other cartoons that she's recently started watching, but when I asked her what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday she told me she wanted a Dora cake... I tried soo hard to talk her out of it by showing her other samples of cakes that I thought were cute, but she stuck to her guns!


This probably wont come as a shock to you if you've read my blog in the past because I am annoyingly ALWAYS saying time is flying by soo fast! I wonder if i will ever get used to this feeling!? Peyton will always hold a special place in my heart as my first little angel because she was the one who changed my reason for living! I will always be grateful to her for showing me what life is really all about! Derek started the process of changing me into a responsible adult when we got married and settled down, but I didn't really get it until I was holding my baby girl and realizing that everything I'd do from that moment on would affect her...



Three years have gone by in the blink of an eye! My little girl is getting bigger and smarter everyday! She is like a sponge soaking up everything she sees and hears. We had a small get together with close family members to celebrate her birthday with desert and in front of my mother in law she used the expression, "oh crap!"... oops! My bad! 


As always, she was spoiled by everyone! I think she was even more excited because we just had Jax's party and now it was her turn to get presents!


My in laws bought her an easel and Derek's aunt Edna and uncle Dale bought some of the supplies for it! Peyton was soo excited!!!


She was finally able to blow out her own candle, unlike the years before! Kinsley slept right through all the best parts!



Daddy keeping Jax occupied!



A few days after her party I decided we should have some fun with the finger paints! I love how excited Peyton gets when we do new things and she is such a good listener..


We are anything but artists, there is no denying that! To explain the color blotches above what's supposed to look like a bee, we were trying to learn what colors mixed together made... Jax came walking up to us in his diaper and we attacked his belly drawing a big smiley face on it with blue paint. Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of it. Then Peyton got a little crazy, with my help of course!


What's the fun of keeping it on the paper anyways??? This lasted about a minute, then they were both in the bath! Bath time is bittersweet... I love how they love to play in the bath. They have these colorful letters that stick to the wall so we learn letters, colors and spelling. Peyton can actually spell a few words! Jax just loves to knock the letters down and get yelled at by Peyton for messing up her hard work. The bitter part of it is getting them out. They NEVER want to get out of the bath! There is ALWAYS fits being thrown when bath time is over!


We had Kinsley for a whole weekend when Audge went out of town and we had tons of fun! Jax actually did pretty well for a while, but I think he was ready for her to go when Audge came to get her because he wanted all the attention back. She's so crazy now! She's almost nine months old and already trying to stand up ALL the time! I swear she will be walking in no time! We've been having so much fun with her lately!

1 comment:

  1. I started laughing when I read the 'Oh Crap' story because Jess used to have her own version of profanity and would say the word "Bibby". To this day, we still don't know what it means haha. Kids say the funniest things. It looks like you had such a grand party and will cherish it always. I loved the picture of her face all painted. That was priceless. Keep those wonderful memories going, Diana. The holidays are coming, and there's so much to do with the little ones. Me and the kids still go to the pumpkin patch every year even though they are all grown. Cherish the moments, and take lots of pictures!
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete