Our Family

Our Family

Welcome to my blog!

Every day is a new adventure, and though this blog won't capture it all at least you might get a glimpse of our crazy life...

Quotes


A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for
Unknown



Babies are a link between angels and man.
Unknown



Children are a handful sometimes, A heartfull all the time.
Unknown



Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
Penelope Leach



While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
Angela Schwindt



Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.
Not your average dictionary



Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.
John W. Whitehead


You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Janeane's baby shower!

The past few days have been pretty crazy! Luckily Audge had done all the planning, shopping, organizing and hard work getting everything together for Janeane's shower. I can barely take any credit for the next few pictures because they were all Audge's ideas, but they turned out so cute I just wanted to share. Janeane isn't due to have her baby girl until February 1st, but we decided to do her shower a little early because of the holidays and everyone having things to do. Her shower turned out super cute and we were proud of all the decorating we helped do.


I loved these balloons! They looked so good above the food table. I took this picture before all the food had made it to the table...



We did a dessert table instead of having a cake. Audge made cake pops that are always a huge hit. They are so yummy!



We made a few poms to hang above the dessert table. It was my first time making them and I was shocked at how fast I picked up on how to do it, but then I looked at the final product and realized it didn't look at all like it was supposed to so I had to start all over... I think the more you make them the better they turn out. Practice makes perfect right? I wish we would have made a few more. Maybe we will for the next shower!


Quiche is soo good, especially when Audge makes it. I'm usually not one to rave about a salad either, but the one she put together was soo good... Marie Callender's Poppy seed dressing in the cold food section is the secret! Try it and you'll love it. The feta cheese gave it a really good taste too.


I'm sad this picture didn't turn out better, but this idea was too cute! Originally we were gonna hang baby pictures of mommy and daddy, but when Janeane couldn't find a lot of hers we decided to hang her ultrasound pics of her baby girl instead. I think it was really cool to have pictures of the baby up. It made it feel more like she was real, if that makes any sense.


We hung David and Janeane's baby pictures above the fireplace.


We were glad we didn't plan any games because it was so fun just to socialize, eat and open gifts. It seemed like the perfect shower.


I'm so excited for my sister to have her baby. She's been such a great aunt to my kids. She's taught Peyton so many things that I never thought she would be able to pick up on at such an early age. She opens my eyes up to Peyton's potential all the time and has such good advice on dealing with problems that I sometimes have with her. Teaching has taught her a lot when it comes to kids and I'm stoked that she can use what she's learned on mine and now hers. I'm relieved her shower went so well because she definitely deserved it!


My sister Sarah and niece Kinsley. Sarah helps out so much with our kids I don't know what we're going to do whenever she has her own. By then things might be more crazy than they are now. Our family seems to be growing so fast and it's such a special one to be in! I'm so grateful for it.


My cousin Leia and her baby Eli. He's such a cute little boy. None of my sisters are excited about the idea of having boys. To tell you the truth I wanted a boy more for Derek than I did for myself, but Jax is my little man and I like to think that he was sent here partially because God knew I needed him. It's fun to see Jax interact with another boy because he is always around girls.


Grandma and Jax. It's fun to see my parent's light up because of my kids and Kinsley. I remember the days that my mom would joke about when she would ever get a grand kid  like it was yesterday and now she has three almost four! Days like these are what life is all about... family!

No comments:

Post a Comment