Our Family

Our Family

Welcome to my blog!

Every day is a new adventure, and though this blog won't capture it all at least you might get a glimpse of our crazy life...

Quotes


A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for
Unknown



Babies are a link between angels and man.
Unknown



Children are a handful sometimes, A heartfull all the time.
Unknown



Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
Penelope Leach



While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
Angela Schwindt



Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.
Not your average dictionary



Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.
John W. Whitehead


You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Give us the drugs...


This picture was originally inspired by two prescription drugs for Peyton and Jax, but as I was cleaning off the kitchen counter I suddenly realized how much medications we've been depending on in our house the past few days. It's quite ridiculous because I started out with two and kept adding one more and then another until the counter was clean and I finally came up with this. I threw in the Lysol because I've been using that nonstop as well, and just to clarify (even though it should go without saying) the Tylenol pm, cough drops and benadryl pills are what Derek and I have taken and have not been given to the kids.


My little princess has been through so much the last week. First RSV and now the doctor confirmed yesterday that she has a UTI. I'm pretty sure it developed because of the lack of fluid intake over the past week. I'm now pushing fluids more than ever with her. We're also giving her a prescribed med twice a day for a week. Her doctor wanted to send out for a urine culture as well to make sure it's nothing more. The results should be in by tomorrow and we'll go from there. Hopefully that's all it is.


The Dr. also confirmed that Jax has pink eye. We now have a prescribed ointment that we've been putting on his eye. It doesn't seem to bother him a whole lot, but I think it has already spread to his other eye so I've been putting it on both. I'm trying to keep Peyton away from him as much as I can, but like she gave him the RSV virus I'm pretty sure he's going to return the favor by giving her pink eye, but I'm still doing everything I can to prevent it. I've tried to focus on the positive, but there isn't a whole lot. Not to mention I'm starting to come down with a cold. This is the hardest thing I've had to go through the whole time I've been a mom. It's definitely draining and stressful. Not only are my kids and I sick, but my niece Kinsley has bronchiolitis bad. Audge is taking her back to the doctor today because she isn't getting any better and now has a fever. She's only 11 weeks old and still so little so there is major cause for concern with her. That's not all. To add to all that my dad had to go to the emergency room yesterday because he broke the bone in his left pointer finger.


What else can I say about all of this? I guess worse things could happen. When talking to Audge we've mentioned to each other that we almost have to laugh because it's just crazy that it's been one thing after the other with our family the past week. Hopefully by next week our kids will be better and my posts will be uplifting again...

No comments:

Post a Comment