Our Family

Our Family

Welcome to my blog!

Every day is a new adventure, and though this blog won't capture it all at least you might get a glimpse of our crazy life...

Quotes


A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for
Unknown



Babies are a link between angels and man.
Unknown



Children are a handful sometimes, A heartfull all the time.
Unknown



Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
Penelope Leach



While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
Angela Schwindt



Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.
Not your average dictionary



Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.
John W. Whitehead


You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Respiratory syncytial virus

Soo, quarantine continues... Wednesday was day 4 of fevers and a stuffy nose for Peyton so we decided to take her to the Dr.. When we got there they took her temperature and it was 98.5. The only time she had a normal temp had to happen there. Dr. Felix also listened to her breathing and said everything seemed fine and she didn't have a bacterial infection which is good. She told us that Peyton was probably just getting over the flu or some sort of cold and to keep giving her Tylenol whenever her fever would come back. Peyton seemed a LOT better so after her appointment we decided to do a little shopping. Not even an hour after we left the Dr.'s office her nose started running really bad and her eyes started to get all puffy and red so we went home. That night was rough. I was giving her Tylenol for the fever and then after a few hours benadryl for the runny nose and I continued that cycle through the night. Derek had to work overnight and Peyton slept with me so I could keep an eye on her. The next morning(yesterday) was worse. Snot kept pouring out of her nose and she had a pretty bad fever. I felt soo bad. Derek came home from work a little while after we got out of bed and one look at her and he felt bad for her too. He picked her up and was hugging her and told her he loved her. She tried to tell him she loved him back, but it came out mumbled and gulpy, if that makes any sense. I started crying cause I felt soo helpless and I knew she was miserable. I didn't want to take her back to the doctor because I thought she would just tell me the same thing as the day before. Audge came over to see her and made the call to take her to urgent care. By that time Peyton seemed really lethargic and it took all the energy she had just to say one word. She was barely talking, her poor little body was soo lifeless, and even though she was wide awake her eyes were rolling back like she could pass out any moment. It was very sad. We took her in and the Dr. looked her over and ordered a chest xray and two test swabs of the nose and one of the mouth. The xray showed that she had RSV. Most children get this before they turn 3. There's 3 stages of it Mild, moderate, and severe. Most kids have the mild version and don't even know that's what it is. It just seems like a cold or flu virus. If you ask me she was borderline severe. There's no antibiotics for it because it's not a bacterial infection. We went home empty handed because there was nothing we could have given her. All we could do was hope she got better. Scariest part is that it's contagious. I really think Jax had already caught it, but he just didn't have it that bad at all. I was really stressed out when I couldn't get her to drink anything and I thought she was going to get dehydrated because she wasn't using the restroom at all and wasn't eating either. I was finally able to get her to drink out of a big girl cup with a straw, thanks to Audge for the advice. Last night all four of us camped out in our bedroom with the door shut and the vaporizer running. It seemed to help because I barely heard any coughing through the night. Peyton did wake up a few times and I set my alarm to check on both of them and give Peyton some more Tylenol. This morning was a whole new day though. She woke up feeling better and her energy seemed to be returning. She's such a spunky little thing so to see her like that yesterday was hard. I'm really greatful for the support system that I have. We got a bunch of phone calls today from family wondering if she was ok and telling us that they had prayed for her. I know that helped. I'm very thankful that she woke up better today. My little girl's almost back to normal!

1 comment: