Our Family

Our Family

Welcome to my blog!

Every day is a new adventure, and though this blog won't capture it all at least you might get a glimpse of our crazy life...

Quotes


A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for
Unknown



Babies are a link between angels and man.
Unknown



Children are a handful sometimes, A heartfull all the time.
Unknown



Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
Penelope Leach



While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
Angela Schwindt



Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.
Not your average dictionary



Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.
John W. Whitehead


You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Inspired by Audge...

The other day Audge put up a status on her facebook about how much she loved having sisters! This is what got my wheels turning and pretty much inspired this post. Since I'm always blogging about my kids I thought this might be something a little different for a change, but will somehow probably eventually come right back to my children. Everything seems to do that these days. To start off I just want to say I love my family so much and I think about how lucky I am every day to have such an amazing support system. My sisters especially are soo amazing! Throughout this post are just a few of my favorite moments captured with them.



Growing up in a house with three sisters and two brothers wasn't always perfect. We definitely had our bad moments. Oh the fights we would have. I remember feeling like I hated my sisters on soo many occasions over stupid things. I couldn't wait to start my own life. Now, they're an even bigger part of my life and I wouldn't have it any other way.



I love how close we've become through the years. I've said it before that family is everything to me and they're what make it even more special. I'm not saying there isn't drama between us because there can be from time to time, but that's pretty much expected. I always tell Derek that it's comforting to know that anything we go through in life we'll have each other to go through it with. The same thing stands for my sisters and I. I'm very excited when I think about the future of our family.



They've already helped me through so much and know me sometimes better than I know myself, which isn't always such a great thing. They're very wise and have gone through a lot of the same things I have. It's weird sometimes how much we think alike and how our reactions to a lot of things have been the same. They hold up expectations of me that I'm greatful for because I try just a little harder knowing that they'll be right there to call me out on anything and that(i feel) has made me a better person, and a better mother. They're a little comical relief when I need it and no matter what I do I know they will always have my back.




This is where this post comes back to my children. Having them obviously was amazing! Having my sisters with me through all of it is even more amazing. It's great that they're just minutes away if I need them. I'm fortunate that they're still around and haven't moved to a different state or somewhere far.







It's so special to me how much they love my kids. Peyton and Jax light up when they come around. They have taught them so much and I know they are a big reason why my kids are so sweet. I could not imagine life or my family without them. It would be so boring.


1 comment:

  1. You are so very lucky to have so many sisters! especialy so many that live near you :) I grew up with out any sisters and now I'm 10+ hours away from my brothers and I'm always jealous of people who have their family near by! You guys are lucky :)

    ReplyDelete