Our Family

Our Family

Welcome to my blog!

Every day is a new adventure, and though this blog won't capture it all at least you might get a glimpse of our crazy life...

Quotes


A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for
Unknown



Babies are a link between angels and man.
Unknown



Children are a handful sometimes, A heartfull all the time.
Unknown



Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
Penelope Leach



While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
Angela Schwindt



Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.
Not your average dictionary



Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.
John W. Whitehead


You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yes it's true, grocery shopping rejuvenated me... is that sad?

As I posted before I've been stuck at home with my kids for over two weeks now. The only times we've gone out of the house was for our trips to the Dr.. Well, the other day Derek didn't have to work till the evening so I saw my chance to escape, and I took it. You could only imagine after 2 or 3 weeks of no grocery shopping how bare our cupboards were so I kinda didn't have a choice of where I would go. Plus I thought it would be different because I'm so used to lugging 2 kids to the store with me. Derek was outside working on the lawn so I figured he could use an audience...


They seemed to be having a lot of fun out there since it was pretty much the first nice day we've had the whole time we've been stuck at home. I got them all set up and loaded their little trays with snacks. They were happy! I couldn't help feeling guilty though about how excited I was to get away and they were stuck at home for another day sick. Of course that only lasted a minute because once I hit the highway I had the radio blasting, the windows down and I was singing at the top of my lungs! Needless to say I took my time in the store making sure I hit almost every aisle. I forgot how it felt to shop alone and take as much time as I wanted. Walking through the door at home was funny because Peyton acted like I had been gone forever. Derek carried Jax over and he was just laughing at me for no reason. I think he was just really excited too so that's how it came out. It's amazing how one trip to the grocery store could recharge my batteries and I could go on tending to them and their needs.  


Luckily both of them are feeling so much better. Peyton's tract infection is gone and Jax's pink eyes look like they're way better. They both started playing, eating and drinking regularly. They still have a cough, but it's getting better. I feel like we're almost all healed up, but I still want to give it a couple more days before I expose them to anyone else. Jax is army crawling all over the place. He's also baby chattering, saying "bababa" it's soo funny. In the picture above you can tell how big he's getting. He can hold himself up pretty well it's insane! He loves to get into everything and he's always wanting to play with what his sister has. Peyton is talking up a storm and she's pretty funny. She helps me take such good care of Jax and always tells him, "It's ok brother!" every time he cries. They've been all about playing with each other because there has been no one else to play with. This made it very difficult for me to keep Peyton from catching Jax's pink eye, but I think I'm safe now! We just have to wait out the next couple of days until we can reconnect with the rest of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment